Announcement of AHEC 21st SEA & GRCH Convention by John Chan
John Chan, Regional Director of the American Hardwood Export Council (AHEC) has announced details of its 21st Southeast Asia & Greater China Convention in Chongqing, the biggest municipality in China, on 23rd and 24th June 2016 at the Westin Hotel, Chongqing.
Chongqing’s population is reported to be 33 million with GDP per capita of US$4,123 (Yuan 25,216). The city sits upstream on the Yangtze River, with Shanghai downstream at the east coast. Located in the Southwest of China, the municipality of Chongqing has been the regional hub for trade, transportation, design, and manufacturing as well as a leading technology, service and financial centre covering half of China with a total population of 650 million. It is tipped to become the centre of timber trading and distribution for the southwest region of China in the next 10 years. The AHEC Convention will be hosted by AHEC and supported by the Chongqing Furniture Association, Flooring Committee and Door & Window Committee of Chongqing Furniture Association and the Chongqing Interior Design Community and Association.
Attendance will be by pre-registration online with AHEC
For further press information please contact:
Michael Buckley: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Gateway to the western Chinese region – designated in 1997 as one of China’s four municipalities”
Chongqing is a sprawling municipality at the confluence of the Yangtze and Jialing rivers in southwestern China. In the city center, the large, domed Great Hall of the People complex stands above pedestrianized People’s Square.
Population 33 million (official) 36 million (reported)
GDP (2014) US$240 billion
GDP Growth (2015) 11%
Size 82,000 km
Urban Districts 9
- Today close to half of the world’s ‘Top 500’ companies have set up operations in Chongqing, including BP, HP, BASF, Ford, Del, KPMG,
- Infrastructure projects include a new highway linking Chongqing to Shanghai
- High speed rail lines and international airport provide state of the art transport facilities
- The city is the terminus of the Chongqing – Xinjiang – Europe international railway to Duisburg, Germany, offering freight services to compete with shipping
- Chongqing has maintained double digit growth for the last 3 consecutive years
Westin Hotel, Liberation Square, Chongqing
An 11-minute walk from Jiaochangkou subway station in the Central Business District, this luxe hotel is a 12-minute walk from Luohan Temple. There are 4 restaurants and 3 bars. Extras include a gym, a spa and a business center, plus indoor and outdoor pools.
Address: 222 Xinhua Rd, 400010 Yuzhong, Chongqing, China, 400010
Phone: +86 23 6380 6666